Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Catching Up

Wow!  I'm FINALLY in front of my computer in an attempt to catch you up with what's been happening in Crafty Angels for the past six months or so.  Yes, I am a horrible blogger!  I wish I had the kind of motivation it takes to do this on a more regular basis, but, what can I say?  I'm a tad "old-school" when it comes to blogging and so many of my promises to be better have gone the way of New Year's resolutions, so why not just fess up?

Okay...I'm going to keep this short and sweet.  Not much in the way of verbiage - this post will be mostly pictures of what was opened at and/or brought to our November 2014 meeting (our BIGGIE) as well as some pictures from our annual holiday sale.  Let me just say a huge THANK YOU to all of those who attended and brought things, to all who sent their beautiful gifts of love to be opened at this meeting, to those who helped assemble 600+ spa bags, and for those out there who pray for our ministry.  Those prayers are working, let me tell you!  Also a heartfelt thanks to those in our church (Edgebrook Covenant) who helped out with our holiday sale - whether it was making goodies to serve at the coffee hour, helping with set-up, serving as cashiers, bagging, or in whatever capacity.  You are so appreciated!!

On to the scads of yarny goodness.  The stitcher's name is shown below the photo.

Anita Hohenstein
 
Bonnie Banks

Margie Chan

Carol Flowers

Nina Rubich

Paulette Roth

Jennifer Kenny

Linda Faubel


Jeannine Patt

Anita Hohenstein

Nancy Byron

Karen Egolf-Simon

Carol Stephan

Lisa Broxterman

Pam McMahon

Our friend, Olga Dejongh is a multi-faceted crafter and contributed not only these adorable teddy bears and sashay ruffle scarves, but also hand-made cards, candles, and soaps to sell at the holiday sale.

Jo Sztapka

Phyllis Snodgrass
Angie Lyke
Cindy Weinzierl
 
Penny Sawczak

Joyce Dattalo

Deb Kreusch
 
Maureen Martin
Shown below are all of the "elves" at work assembling spa bags and packing up other items.  Even Sandy Rice's daughter, Lori, and granddaughter, Nicole, came to help out.







 
The pictures below are from our holiday sale.
 










Lisa Kowar, me, Sandy Rice, and Kathy Waldsmith.  Kathy and Lisa were kind enough to pull together the coffee hour set-up and treats for us.



The lucky winner of the beautiful afghan - created by Linda Faubel - that was raffled off at the sale.






That's a wrap!  Isn't it amazing to see so much hand-crafted goodness in one place?  As I mentioned in my e-mail sometime back, we made more at the 2014 holiday sale than we ever have and still gave as much as, or more to, our charities than we ever have.  It was a VERY good year, Angels!  Thank you for all you do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home